1. Date; September 2011, (full dates to be confirmed at a later date)
2. Charities involved;
· Davie copper centre, Clydebank
3. Destination/Country; China/Mongolia
4. Number of days on trip; 14, the trek will be of moderate difficulty during which we will fluid and open to modification to allow your groups objectives to be achieved. Terrain will include mountain gorges, an ice gorge (non-technical), desert plain and sand dunes.
5. Persons taken part; (if I get a big response towards the trek I will probably open this up to more supporters!)
Mr” Jock” Mcinnes
- 10 x supporters from Rangers F.C
- 10 x supporters from Celtic F.C.
- 10 x supporters from Motherwell F.C
6. Company organising trip; ”Sandbaggers” who are expedition and race organisers who specialise in providing top quality experiences in some of the world’s remotest locations. In 2003 we founded Gobi Challenge, an expedition style multi-day ultra race in Mongolia’s Gobi Desert
- Registration fee £350, Guarantees your place on the trip(payable to sandbaggers)
Upon registration, all persons agree to abide by the regulations, terms and conditions as set out by Sandbaggers Ltd. I.e. Itinerary may be subject to change at short notice.
- Total Trip cost per person approx £2,000
- Trip Cost + Registration Fee, covers your flights, (if we get in early we’d be looking at much cheaper flights, around £5-700) Meals, permits, accommodation, experienced leadership, medical back-up, trip support, and lots more! I.e. Sandbaggers them self can supply quality gear at cheap prices as they are supplier/distributor for lots of equipment. Every sign up will get free goodies such as a Frill neck hat, kit bag and clothing.
Each person supporter is asked to raise as much sponsorship money as possible through there own contacts, using there own umbrella club, writing to other clubs, pubs associations etc who are associated with there own football club, also if they wish both supporters from the same club i.e. can pull together and work as one to raise what ever they can, i.e. getting support from,
- there own clubs public relations representatives,
- Club supporters organisations /associations,
- Promotion through club web site etc
- open a “just giving page”
How ever you raise your own sponsorship is up to you, all I ask is that any cheque produced is made out to one name, which I will organise, I will also ask you to keep a running tally of all money raised by yourself, I will e mail you all the bank details in which you can transfer in to the one account, every month I will e mail you what you have raised ,which should tally up with your own figures, if any person would like to ask me at any time what the total is standing at I will inform them soonest , or answer any questions regarding banking.Sandbaggers
David Scott, Sandbaggers Ltd, 3 Barr Place, Glasgow, G77 6JR
Sandbaggers are expedition and race organisers who specialise in providing top quality experiences in some of the world’s remotest locations. In 2003 we founded Gobi Challenge, an expedition style multi-day ultra race in Mongolia’s Gobi Desert.
Final trip numbers. Not yet confirmed but will feature Jock McInnes, an as yet unnamed male and possibly a film crew of undisclosed number. Sandbaggers support will feature two vehicles and drivers (safety minimum for desert travel regardless of trip numbers), a medic and camp manager/guide.
Trip Format. A supported walking trip of approximately 100 miles through the desert region of south Gobi province, Mongolia Pre and post trip accommodation will be hotel based. During the trek accommodation will feature nomadic ger camps and Sandbaggers tents where appropriate. Accommodation in Ulan Bator will be hotel based. The trek will be of moderate difficulty during which we will fluid and open to modification to allow your groups objectives to be achieved. Terrain will include mountain gorges, an ice gorge (non-technical), desert plain and sand dunes.
Contract. A contract detailing booking conditions and terms will be produced by Sandbaggers Ltd for scrutiny by Jock McInnes. This will be completed following confirmation of dates, numbers and resultant costing.
Confidentiality and Support. Sandbaggers will respect client confidentiality. Should you wish us to do so we will be happy to promote your trip on our websites and mail shots and will be happy to assist in every way we can with the promotion of your charity efforts.
Pre-trip Training. Sandbaggers will host a free training day on the Gobi region, Mongolian customs and desert survival and living at a time and date to be agreed in due course. This can be based in Perthshire to suit your party. (I Personally feel this would be a very beneficial day, we would be able to meet the trip organisers “face to face” ask them any questions we might have regarding the tip,)
Community Work. At the conclusion of the trekking stage of the trip you will be welcome to visit the orphanages and deaf school we have funded in the town of Dalandzadgad. More information on this can be viewed at www.yamaatrust.com
”I, am worried that I, am not fit enough, do you think I can do it!”
Most people start out thinking this way, but if you prepare in plenty of time by training and have the right mental attitude you will be amazed at what you can achieve, this challenge has been designed to be achievable for most people for average fitness
“Will I be in safe hands”?
Your safety, and that of the rest of the group, is our highest priority, the whole trip is led by experienced guides both from the u.k & Mongolia itself, the leaders are selected for there experience in harsh wilderness environments, knowledge of travel in remote areas, friendliness & approachable, sense of humour and ability to safely and effectively deal with any situation that arises.
“What is the accommodation like”?
For most people, the attraction of travelling to different countries and emote areas is the new sights and enjoy new experience, some times the new experience can make life, harder or more inconvenient than you may like, such as toilet hygiene or different food, or simply a different attitude to solving problems, this is all part of the challenge, lets be honest hear you are in the Gobi desert? You WILL be out of your comfort zone! Sandbaggers will answer any questions you may have on the trip,
If you require any further information at this stage please don’t hesitate to get in touch with myself, Jock Mcinnes, E mail, email@example.com, many thanks